Conor McGregor accused of punching Francesco Facchinetti in Rome

Conor McGregor’s Saturday in Rome did not lack for adventures at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Hours after having his son baptized at the Vatican in the morning, McGregor allegedly punched an Italian DJ in the face and broke his nose at a party late that night.

Francesco Facchinetti claims the attack was unprovoked and that he and his wife had been partying with McGregor and his fiancée before the UFC star unleashed a punch in front of 10 witnesses at the St. Regis hotel.

“He attacked me without motivation as we talked for more than two hours and we also had fun together,” Facchinetti later told his one million Instagram followers, according to a translation via MMA Mania. “I could have shut up and not say anything to anyone, but since I’m here to tell it, I must say that that person is really violent and dangerous.”

Facchinetti said he planned to sue McGregor.

Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti discussed the alleged attack by Conor McGregor on Instagram and showed off his wounds.
Instagram/@frafacchinetti

According to Facchinetti’s wife Wilma, who also posted to Instagram about the incident, McGregor had just invited them to another party when he hit Facchinetti.

“Luckily, he [Francesco] was very close so he [McGregor] couldn’t load up on his punch,” she said. “Francesco flew back, fell on the table, and then on the ground. The first thing that came to mind was ‘are we kidding? Is it a show?’ Then I was paralyzed. I turned around and saw that his friends were holding him against the wall because he wanted to continue beating Francesco. Then they took him away. I turned on the light and the guards turned them off. Francesco was bleeding. I wanted to help him and the guards chased us away.”

Conor McGregor Rome
Francesco Facchinetti’s wife Wilma Faissol also posted about the alleged attack.
Instagram/@ladyfacchinetti

It’s hardly McGregor’s first physical confrontation outside of the octagon. He recently got into a spat with Machine Gun Kelly at the VMAs, after which his reps told Page Six, “Conor only fights fighters.”

In 2019, McGregor was charged with assault after punching a man in a Dublin bar. The year before that, he threw a dolly through the window of a bus of MMA fighters at Barclays Center.